Wholesale and retail sales are permitted with a valid temporary or permanent California Seller’s Permit

The California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA) has mandated that show organizers collect Seller’s Permits from all exhibitors who sell on the show floor.

Your company’s Seller’s Permit must be received no later than August 1, 2018 – please upload your permit using the link in your 2018 FBNC Exhibitor Resource Center or email to

You can apply for a permanent or temporary California Seller’s Permit online through CDTFA Online Services.

Are you a Temporary Seller?

Seller’s Permit information is available online at Your California Seller’s Permit (Pub. 73, October 2017).

Selling Wholesale in California – Resale Certificates

Not sure if you need a California Seller’s Permit? Click here – CDTFA Form 410-D

If you have questions, please contact the CDTFA’s information center at:

  1. (800) 400-7115 – Exhibitors based in California (or visit your nearest CDTFA Office)
  2. (916) 227-6600 – Exhibitors not based California (email:
    • (312) 201-5300 – Chicago-area office
    • (713) 739-3900 – Houston-area office
    • (212) 697-4680 – New York area office