Booth Sampling (Food or Beverage)
Forms and Fee due by July 17, 2020
Any Exhibitor who intends to sample, give away or sell food and beverages for human consumption (including water) must have a permit and all appropriate fees on file with the Santa Clara Health Department (SCHD).
PLEASE NOTE: Failure to obtain the necessary approval will prohibit you from preparing, handling or sampling food or beverages in your booth. Applications and fee must be submitted by Show Management, do not send directly to SCHD.
Under California State Law the SCHD is required to do an inspection at the event and Show Management is required to provide them with a list of exhibitors for inspection.
The following forms can be found online and must be received at the address below no later than July 17, 2020:
- Booth Sampling/Waiver Authorization (McEnery Convention Center)
- Application for a Temporary Food Facility (County of Santa Clara)
- Include County of Santa Clara permit fee of $99 (make checks payable to County of Santa Clara)
- Copy of your Manufacturing Permit
Mail application and check using a trackable service to:
Face & Body Northern California
Allured Business Media
336 Gundersen Dr., Suite A
Carol Stream, IL 60188-2403
From the County of Santa Clara, please be advised of the following:
- Warm Water Requirements for Handwashing
- If ALL food, including beverages, is pre-packaged (unopened):
- NO handwash station or warewash station is required for that booth
- Must have an overhead canopy or pop up umbrella to cover the food/beverages
- A handwash station is required
- if unpackaged food, including beverages (i.e. beer, wine, etc.), is handled in the food booth
- if sampling open foods or beverages
- at toilet facilities located within 200ft from the food operation at every event (1 toilet for 15 food workers)
- warm water requirement will be enforced for handwashing stations
- A PowerPoint presentation reviewing temporary event requirements for the exhibitors is linked and is also found on our website. Ensure exhibitors follow these requirements.
Link to website: County of Santa Clara Temporary Events
Please contact Andrea Blood at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.