IMPACT Melanoma Skinny on Skin Certification Classes
Face & Body is happy to announce that we are partnering with IMPACT Melanoma to offer an on-site cancer education certification class that will allow attendees to become more knowledgeable in identifying signs of skin cancer.
The class will be offered on Sunday, August 25 and Monday, August 26 Room LL21AB (Level 1).
Sunday, August 25, 12:30–2:00 PM
Educator, Meghan Rothchild
Click here to read more about Meghan's Journey
Monday, August 26, 1:00–2:30 PM
Educator, Sarah Aasheim
Click here to read more about Sarah's Journey
Admission to class is $20.00 and can be purchased with your Face & Body registration.
This class will allow attendees to:
- Learn how to screen for suspicious moles while performing common skin care and salon services
- Gain tips for how to talk to clients about your findings
- Become certified after attending the 90-minute session
Why you should get certified:
- Spa and salon professionals are uniquely positioned to identify skin cancer
- Clients visit their beauty professionals on average every 6 weeks, far more than their doctors.
- Estheticians, stylists and massage therapists are familiar with clients' skin, and work on hard-to-see areas like the neck and scalp where melanoma often goes unnoticed.
Donate to the Cause:
- Together we can reduce the rate of melanoma, the deadliest form of skin cancer. Donate today to support the education, prevention and support programs that IMPACT Melanoma offers. Face & Body is a proud partner with IMPACT Melanoma to offer an on-site cancer education certification class that will allow attendees to become more knowledgeable in identifying signs of skin cancer. You can select from any of the donation optional options during the registration process after you add your Skinny on Skin certification session.
- Special Event! IMPACT Melanoma is holding a silent auction at their booth on the exhibit's floor. You will be able to bid on product gift baskets/bags donated by your favorite exhibiting companies. The products are valued from $120 to $400! You can began placing your bids by stopping at booth 1300, Sunday. March 17-18, 2019 during the expo hall hours.